Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The design for my former middle school's website make me cringe

Okay, whoever is in charge of this web design is a retard:

http://www.blms.issaquah.wednet.edu/



What. The. Crap.

All of the info is on the left, which makes the right side completely empty, and the whole thing unbalanced. In terms of font selection, I would have to say that ComicSans is never a good choice for a webpage. Also, clip art? Really?

I know you're not supposed to look like you're trying too hard for a design, but don't just throw whatever random crap into it just because you saw it that way in your head. I always go for minimalism/simplicity in my designs, simply because I don't want the result to be a slobbering mess of clip art, glossy buttons, glittery features, horrible fonts, and exclamation marks.

This is what I would do for the design:


Sure, it's not the best, but at least it's simple and the links are easier to find, and it doesn't have clip art.

No comments:

Post a Comment